Principal Software Engineer
Artel Video Systems, a Westford MA based developer and manufacturer of media transport hardware has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer. This person will be instrumental in the development of new solutions for Artel’s customers, focused on IP networking.
The Principal Software Engineer will work together with the rest of the Artel Engineering team and will perform these specific responsibilities:
- Understand the requirements and specifications of Artel’s new products.
- Develop software designs based on requirements in the networking and data communications area.
- Implement software for complex hardware modules utilizing embedded microcontrollers
- Implement networking and data communications software for network processors and switch fabrics
Candidates for the Principal Software Engineer will possess the following skills:
- 8+ years’ experience developing embedded software for telecommunications or data networking products.
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Experience with networking protocols: IP, UDP, IGMP, TCP/IP, Ethernet, SNMP
- Experience with off-the-shelf network processors and switch fabrics
- Experience with device driver level software
- Experience with networking and data communications test equipment, including network switches and routers, packet analyzers and other related equipment.
- Knowledge of C and C++
Please submit your resume:
Mail: Artel Video Systems
5B Lyberty Way
Westford, MA 01886
Artel Video Systems is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V