Senior Electronics Technician
Artel Video Systems, a Westford MA based developer and manufacturer of media transport hardware has an opening for a Senior Electronics Technician. Artel is an employee owned company (ESOP), founded in 1981 Artel has been a leading supplier of media transport for the telecommunications and broadcaster industry.
The role of the Senior Electronics Technician is to perform complex non-routine testing and repair of electronic equipment and systems produced. Apply knowledge of electronic principles in determining equipment malfunctions (troubleshoot) and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Verifies that equipment meets specifications. He or she must also be comfortable in a hands-on working environment and embrace the culture of an employee owned company.
- Responsible for testing, troubleshooting electronic and electromechanical assemblies in a production environment.
- Support engineering on prototype and low volume production.
- Assist with the documentation process and procedures.
- Ensures that proper procedures are followed in the installation and maintenance of electronic equipment.
- Operates, maintains and demonstrates equipment to ensure proper use and minimize down time.
- Diagnoses, repairs, services and maintains electronic test equipment and systems to assure longevity and proper working order.
- Requires trouble shooting skills to the component level of complex analog and digital circuitry for audio, video, and fiber optics.
- Ability to read and follow schematics and part diagrams.
- Ability to interpret test equipment readings.
- Good communication skills.
- Desire to be working in a small but established company with high growth expectations.
- Comfortable in a hands on working environment.
- Excited about the working in an employee owned company.
- High level of technical aptitude with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel both internal and external.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- 5+ years in an electronic manufacturing environment desired.
- Familiar with the manufacturing process for complex electonics sub-assemblies and completed systems
- A.S. degree diploma or equivalent is required.
Please submit your resume: