Industry News and Trends
Industry Updates: AIMS, ATSC, EBU, SMPTEPosted on June 06, 2017
Industry News updates:
- SMPTE is scheduled to launch a new website on August 8 (Today!) with a fresh design and improved navigation. They are anticipating the site will be down for approximately 8 hours, beginning at 4 pm EDT /1 pm PDT while the migration takes place and will continue to make improvements after the launch.
- The Texas Association of Broadcasters, TAB will be holding their 64th Annual conventions in Austin, TX, August 9-10. Artel recently became a member of TAB and Andy Slayton, National Accounts Manager will attend the conference along with more than 1100 broadcasters from around the state and US. The conference will address many topics including ATSC 3.0, FCC regulations, use of drones in news gathering, IP networking, NextGen TV, and more.
- IP Showcase: If you are planning on attending IBC this year, get ready for another IP Showcase. Industry organizations including: AES, AIMS, AMWA, EBU, IABM, MNA, SMPTE, and the VSF have partnered with the IBC to host this event featuring an IP Interop and the IABM is coordinating a non-stop schedule of presentations focused on everything IP from real-time IP production to intra-facility distribution. The IP Showcase will be located in Rm E106.
- Media over IP Workshop: AIMS, NABA, SMPTE, and the VSF are offering a one-day workshop, October 16, at NBCUniversal, New York. The day-long workshop will provide industry and standards updates, and discuss the challenges in implementing IP workflows and some practical solutions. The event is free, however space is limited for this event. For additional information email NABA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SVG TranSPORT: The Sports Video Group has announced this year's TranSPORT event being held in New York, October 17 at the Microsoft Technology Center. On the schedule include sessions on the impact of “at-home-production” workflows, the rise of IP networks, the current fiber vs. satellite market-share, and other current topics.
- AIMS, the Alliance for IP Media Solutions, announced four new members: China Digital Video Beijing Limited, ChyronHego, Dayang Technology Development Inc., and TAG Video Systems Ltd.