InfinityLink ILC170ADAnalog Video and 4 Ch Audio to SD-SDI
The ILC170AD converts analog video and audio to SDI (SMPTE 259M) and provides optical transport. Used with the ILC170DA, the design insures full TV-1 RS250-C “short haul” analog performance over a true SMPTE 259M SD-SDI optical transport link.
The ILC170AD uses advanced high performance 12-bit video processing with adaptive 3D comb filters to convert NTSC-M /PAL-B/G analog composite video to ITU-R BT.601/656 compliant, 525 or 625 line, 4:2:2 component digital video. Four channels of analog audio are converted to 24-bit digital signals and sampled at 48 kHz and then embedded into the digital video per SMPTE 272M for a total of 4 analog channels. The audio can be inserted into any one of the four groups.
Using the backplane to provide jumper free connections, additional audio channel groups can be added by cascading the ILC170AD digital output to one or more ILC150E audio embedders. An SFP installed into the final module provides the optical output of the combined signals.
A front panel monitor jack can be selected to output either analog or digital video. When set to analog, the incoming analog video can be checked for signal level and quality using conventional analog video equipment. When set to digital, the converted video in 270Mb/s SDI format with embedded audio can be checked using digital video test equipment.
SpecificationsAnalog to Video SDI Conversion (6)Output formatSMPTE 259M via optical interface or backplaneInput formatSMPTE-170M NTSC-M or ITU-R BT.624-4 PAL-B/G composite videoInput amplitude1.0 V p-p nominalInput gain range± 3 dB (See Note 1.)Input common mode range±10 VInput common mode rejection (0 to 5.5 MHz)>30 dBInput impedance75 Ohm or Hi-ZInput return loss (0 to 5.5 MHz)>30 dB, 75 OhmFreq amplitude response
NTSC to 4.5 MHz <0.10 dB NTSC to 5.0 MHz <0.10 dB PAL to 4.8 MHz <0.10 dB PAL to 6.0 MHz <0.10 dBDifferential gain<1.0%Differential phase<0.7 degreesLine time distortion<1.0%Chroma-luma gain<±2%Chroma-luma delay<5 nSSignal to noise, weighted
Analog Audio to AES and Embed (6)Channels4 (See Note 2.)InputBalanced AnalogInput impedance600 Ohm or >100K OhmInput common mode range±30VInput common mode rejection>60 dBNominal (test) level18 dBm (See Note 3.)Maximum level (0 dBFS clipping)+10 to +24 dBm (See Note 4.)Insertion gain±0.25 dB (See Note 5.)Freq amplitude response (20 Hz to 20 kHz)±0.3 dBTHD+N (20-20k @ +18 dBm)0.01%SNR (weighted)>95 dBACrosstalk @10kHz70 dBAudio to video lead/lag<2 ms
EnvironmentalOperating temperature0 to 50°CAmbient storage temperature40 to 80°CRelative humidity10 to 95% (non-condensing)Power dissipation8 WattsPhysicalDimensions0.8” x 5” x 10.8” (1 slot in InfinityLink chassis)Regulatory ConformanceComplianceCSA 60950, EN60950, EN55022 FCC Part 15 (Class A), CISPR 22
- Automatic or manual control.
- Specifications are with 48 kHz, 24-bit audio.
- Nominal level is +20 dBm for 0 dBFS (clipping) with performance specifications based on a +18 dBm test level.
- User selectable maximum (0 dBFS) level in eight 2 dB steps.
- Each end set to the same nominal 0 dBFS level.
- Analog specifications based on end-to-end performance with ILC170DA
Convert composite (NTSC/PAL) to SDI (SMPTE 259M)
Convert analog audio to AES and embed into SDI
- Analog composite 75 Ohm video input BNC
- Automatic NTSC-M / PAL-B/G format detection
- 12-bit video composite to 10-bit component digital processing
- Advanced, adaptive 3D comb filter
- Comprehensive VBI data handling
- MPTE 259M SD-SDI 270Mb/s output
- Automatic and manual gain and equalization (100 m)
- Balanced 600 Ohm analog audio inputs (4)
- SMPTE 272M 24-bit, 48 kHz audio embedding
Use with ILC170DA for optical transport of analog video and audio
- Exceeds TV-1 and ANSI T1.502 “short haul” specification
Externally accessible SFP transceiver optics
- Optical budget to 33dB
- WDM (1310nm, 1550nm)
- CWDM ITU G.694.2 (channels 27-61)
- DWDM ITU G.694.1 (channels 21-60)
Additional audio groups can be added using the ILC150E
Multiple monitoring options
- Front panel monitor (mini 75 Ohm SMB) selectable between:
- NTSC or PAL (pre-conversion)
- SDI (Post-conversion)
- Front and rear panel status LEDs
Remote management via InfinityLink Manager
- No external software required
- HTTP or SNMPv2
- Monitor, Configure, Upgrade firmware