InfinityLink ILC170DA NewSD-SDI to Analog Video with 3 Ch Audio
The ILC170DA uses advanced video and audio processing for exceptional quality conversion of SDI (SMPTE 259M) to composite video and analog audio.
The ILC170DA receives an optical or electrical SDI input via an SFP and outputs 270 Mb/s digital or composite analog video (NTSC or PAL). The module also de-embeds one audio group into four analog or two AES digital audio outputs per SMPTE 272M levels A,B, and C. Multiple ILC170DA’s can be cascaded to de-embed additional audio groups. Used with the ILC170AD, the design insures full TV-1 RS250-C “short haul” analog performance over a true SMPTE 259M SD-SDI optical transport link.
Additionally, it can be used as an optical receiver for all digital signals from 19.39 ATSC to 1.485Gb/s HD-SDI making the ILC170DA ideal for conversion from analog to digital video transport. The received optical signal can be directed to the backplane for additional channel groups to be processed by other cards in the InfinityLink chassis.
A front panel video monitor with analog or digital selector switch allows the incoming digital (with embedded audio) or composite analog output to be monitored using conventional digital/analog video equipment.
SpecificationsSDI-to-Analog Video Conversion (6)Output formatSMPTE-170M NTSC-M or ITU-R BT.624-4 PAL-B/G composite videoOutput amplitude1.0 V p-p nominalOutput impedance75 OhmOutput return loss (0 to 5.5 MHz)>30 dB, 75 OhmFreq amplitude response
NTSC to 4.5 MHz <0.10 dB NTSC to 5.0 MHz <0.10 dB PAL to 5.5 MHz <0.10 dB PAL to 6.0 MHz <0.10 dBDifferential gain<1.0%Differential phase<0.7 degreesLine time distortion<1.0%Chroma-luma gain<±2%Chroma-luma delay<5nsSignal to noise, weighted>67 dBSDI Audio-to-Analog Audio Conversion (6)Output signalBalanced Analog (See Note 1.)Output impedance< 50 Ohm (See Note 2.)Nominal (test) level18 dBm (See Note 3.)Maximum level (clip)+10 to +24 dBm (See Note 4.)Insertion gain±0.25 dB (See Note 5.)Freq amplitude response (20 Hz to 20 kHz)±0.3 dBTHD+N (20-20k @ +18 dBm)0.01%SNR (weighted)>95 dBACrosstalk @10kHz70 dBAudio to video lead/lag<2 ms(1) Specifications are with 48 kHz, 24-bit audio.
(2) Designed to drive 600ohm loads.
(3) Nominal level is +20 dBm for 0 dBFS (clipping) with performance specifications based on a +18 dBm test level.
(4) User selectable maximum (0 dBFS) level in eight 2 dB steps.
(5) Each end set to the same nominal 0 dBFS level.
(6) Analog specifications based on end-to-end performance with ILC170AD
SDI-ModeInput/output bit rate270 Mb/s
±100 ppmOutput jitter<500 psI/O connectorsBNC female / 75 OhmI/O levels conforms to SMPTE259M(1) Specifications are with 48 kHz, 24-bit audio SMPTE 272M-C embedded audio.AES Audio OutputOutput signalBalanced digital (See Note 1.)Output formatAES3-2003 compliantOutput impedance110 OhmEnvironmentalAmbient operating temperature0 to 50°CAmbient storage temperature-40 to 80°CRelative humidity10 to 95% (non-condensing)Power dissipation9 WattsPhysicalDimensions0.8” x 5” x 10.8” (1 slot in InfinityLink chassis)Optical InterfaceSPF OptionsRegulatory ConformanceComplianceCSA 60950, EN60950, EN55022 FCC Part 15 (Class A),CISPR 22Notes
- Automatic or manual control.
- Specifications are with 48 kHz, 24-bit audio.
- Nominal level is +20 dBm for 0 dBFS (clipping) with performance specifications based on a +18 dBm test level.
- User selectable maximum (0 dBFS) level in eight 2 dB steps.
- Each end set to the same nominal 0 dBFS level.
- Analog specifications based on end-to-end performance with ILC170DA
FeaturesConvert SDI (SMPTE 259M) to composite video
- NTSC or PAL
- Analog composite 75 Ohm video output BNC
- 10-bit component digital 525/625 line to NTSC-M or PAL-B/G conversion
- Composite 12-bit processing
Convert SDI to analog or AES audio
- SMPTE 272M-ABC audio de-embedding with 24-bit audio conversion
- Balanced analog audio outputs (4)
- Balanced AES audio outputs (2)
Optical transport of:
- Analog video and audio
- 1.485Gb/s HD-SDI (SMPTE 292M)
- 270Mb/sSD-SDI (SMPTE 259M-C, ITU 656)
- SDTI (SMPTE 305M)
- Artel 270
Optical to optical repeater
Externally accessible SFP transceiver optics
- Optical budget to 33dB
- WDM (1310nm,1550nm)
- CWDM ITU G.694.2 (Channels 27-61)
Multiple monitoring options
- Front panel monitor (mini 75 Ohm SMB)selectable between:
- NTSC or PAL (post-conversion)
- SDI (pre-conversion)
- Front and rear panel status LEDs
Remote management via InfinityLink Manager
- No external software required
- HTTP or SNMPv2
- Monitor, Configure, Upgrade firmware