The BroadcastAsia 2018 show was a great success as attendees and partners with their customers visited the Artel booth to learn more about our new IP solutions and services. Long-time and prospective customers alike expressed a much higher confidence level with projects being designed around IP workflows – reconfirming what we heard at NAB earlier this year. We hope we exhibited our strengths in understanding and meeting the challenges and requirements of delivering media in new IP-based ecosystems and our expertise in providing flexible, efficient, and reliable solutions and best-in-class programs and services.
As you read below, we’ll recap emerging industry trends that resonated throughout the conference sessions and exhibitions, highlight Artel solutions featured at the show and supporting these trends, and provide new technical training opportunities and white papers to educate and prepare your teams for the transition.
EmergingTrends from BroadcastAsia
- OTT: Despite its challenges, OTT is here to stay! Broadcasters and AV professionals are looking for high-quality and scalable solutions to simplify the complexities of delivering video over IP/OTT ecosystems while providing the operational efficiencies for remote live production.
- Efficiencies: The move toward IP will continue to change the industry, from the convergence of IT and video operations and software-defined architectures to business models that drive the bottom line. End users are seeking operational simplicity and solutions and programs that bridge the gap between IT and video networks that will streamline workflows and improve ROI.
- Migrating to IP: The migration to IP is inevitable due to its flexibility, software-defined future-proofing capabilities, cost-efficiency, and scalability. However, the pace at which companies go all-IP highly depends on the knowledge and expertise of engineers and technicians. One clear message that resonated at this year’s BroadcastAsia was that now is the time to train your teams on new technologies.
Navigating the Road to IP
BroadcastAsia provided an opportunity to learn how new IP ecosystems are unfolding. At the Artel stand, visitors had an opportunity to share their plans and ask questions while receiving an overview of Artel’s IP-centric solutions.
- Operational Simplicity and Resiliency with SMART: SMPTE ST 2022-7. Artel provided an interactive demo for attendees to test the SMPTE 2022-7 hitless protection switching capabilities in the SMART Media Delivery Platform™. The SMART Platform’s software-enabled functionality provides the flexibility and resiliency future-proofing your investment.
- Audio over IP: SMPTE ST 2110/AES67/Synchonization. Artel showcased the Quarra PTP Ethernet Switch highlighting the SMPTE ST 2110 and AES67 audio-over-IP accuracy capabilities. The switches are RAVENNA AES67 approved, Dante and QSC tested. The Quarra family includes a 1RU 10G version, and a 1G version is available in a 1RU or compact desktop unit with and without SyncE.
- OTT: Leveraging Broadband Services for Media Delivery. At BroadcastAsia, Artel featured our over-the-top (OTT) ARQ IP Streaming System. The ARQ offers a simple-to-configure solution for the distribution of high-quality video over unmanaged IP networks including wireless, the internet, and satellite. The ARQ is available in a 1RU version or small compact unit and is ideal for broadcast, houses of worship, campus networks, and other applications.
Bridge the Gap: Equipping IT and Video Teams
Artel is pleased to announce a new series of technology and solutions training courses aimed at helping broadcast video and IT networking professionals understand the underlying technologies needed in the broadcast industry’s migration to IP and to facilitate productivity as IT and video workflows converge. More information about our Technical Training is available here.
Learn more about today’s technologies, challenges, and best practices and download the following white papers:
- It’s About Precision Time
- Time Travels: A Closer Look at PTP
- Broadcaster’s Can’t Miss with Hitless Technology