Artel’s Quarra range of IP PTP switches is designed for Carrier Class applications where accurate timing and control is required. These switches are aimed at the professional markets of Audio/Video Broadcast, Defense & Security, Finance, Utilities, Telecom, and Enterprise IT. The Quarra switches are designed as either a standard 1RU rackmount unit with dual power supplies, or a half-width 1RU unit with a single power supply, the switches are available in several configurations of 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit interfaces, supporting a best-in-class layer 2 IEEE 1588v2 algorithm. A 1pps external reference input from GPS is included as standard, and options include an internal layer 1 Synchronous Ethernet module. Quarra switches also support IGMP v2/3, QoS, protection switching, VLAN, MEF service delivery and network OAM.
Quarra switches support SMPTE Standards-based Timing ST 2110-10 and ST 2059-2 SMPTE and are RAVENNA AES67 approved.
- Live video/audio broadcast/production over IP utilizing IEEE1588 timing, QoS and Multicast filtering.
- Broadcast DTT/DTV IP distribution, utilizing IEEE1588 and SyncE timing to replace or backup GPS timing at base stations.
- Telecom networks, providing high level of network timing.
- Financial/trading networks, utilizing our IEEE1588 precise nanosecond time synchronization.
- AES67 configuration guide
- It’s About Precision Time – PTP primer
- Time Travels- A Closer Look at PTP white paper